Bisumuiza

The project offers a comfortable and well-considered layout, combining aesthetic and functional features by using advanced technologies and high-quality materials for construction and interior decoration of the apartments.

The house is set on a fenced and verdure territory.

Building function: apartments

Floors: 4

Apartments (offices) in the building: 238

Premises space: 55 - 138 m2

In explotation from: 2006.

Developer: SIA „Arco Development”

Architect: SIA „Nams”

Builder: SIA „RBS Skals”

History:

Idyll since the 18th ce…

read more

The project offers a comfortable and well-considered layout, combining aesthetic and functional features by using advanced technologies and high-quality materials for construction and interior decoration of the apartments.

The house is set on a fenced and verdure territory.

Building function: apartments

Floors: 4

Apartments (offices) in the building: 238

Premises space: 55 - 138 m2

In explotation from: 2006.

Developer: SIA „Arco Development”

Architect: SIA „Nams”

Builder: SIA „RBS Skals”

History:

Idyll since the 18th century.

In old times Bišumuiža was a location which was used by rich inhabitants of Riga as a summer residence.

Later on it was an important industrial area but after the First World War – a quiet suburb of Riga.

The populated place known under the name “Bišumuiža” exists since the 18th century when its development began at the Bauska road, not far from the place where the little Bišupīte flows into the Daugava river.

In a curve of this little river, the summer residence of a rich Riga landlord family (Schilder) was erected in 1773.

This residence was named Bišumuiža (Bienenhof in German).

Approximately in 1810, the family of Brandenburg, a Riga merchant, began to administer the Bišumuiža.

One of the first sugar plants in Riga was built by this family at Bišumuiža.

The first time Bišumuiža as a part of the city was mentioned in the city plan of 1826.

Bišumuiža is one of the seldom toponyms in Riga which has retained the name of a “muiža” (muiža means a manor in Latvian).

(In the 30-ties of the 20th century many historical toponyms of Riga which included the word “muiža” were changed).

A part of modern city.

In 1884 a horse-drawn omnibus route from Bišumuiža to Riga City centre was opened.

The omnibus made 5-9 runs a day, and this route existed till the beginning of the 20th century when it was replaced by the tram.

The charge for a trip was 15 kopecks.

The tram line from the city centre to Bišumuiža was opened first in 1910.

In the 19th century the industrial growth contributed to development of Bišumuiža.

At the end of the 19th century 6 factories were located there: a band factory, a chalk factory, a paper mill, a chemical factory and a match factory.

An interesting fact is that a lot of cabmen had lived at Bišumuiža.

It is told that a cabman had erected a six-storey “sky-scraper” there.

Some streets of Bišumuiža have retained their names in at least one hundred years: Bauskas, Mazā Bauskas, Doles, Bukaišu and Gulbju.

Region Riga
Settlement Ziepniekkalns
Street Kometas street 18
Area from 140 m2 to 140 m2
Total floors 4
Rooms from 4 to 4
Sale from from 1478 EUR / m2

Properties in this project

page
to 1
 
ID price area
ID: 423087

Apartment for sale in Riga, Ziepniekkalns
Kometas street, 4th floor, 4 rooms, 140.00m2

207000.00 EUR 1478.57 EUR / m2

View


page
to 1
 
ID price area